Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Every Day Creates Greater Awareness of Specific Needs

Each day in the life of the adolescent autistic and all those that choose to be a part of it is another chance to learn by experience what issues urgently need to be addressed.

AT is not the answer to all issues, but the instrument we hope will ease some of the painful transitioning both adolescent and families are struggling to work through.

At the present moment, I believe the greatest tool first and foremost is a format of communication.

This list is a rambling of an exhausted brain. Please submit your comments and thoughts.

With technology comes the pain of dealing with hardware and software failures. This past weekend, my main desktop hard drive crashed hard. I don't know if the information stored will be retrievable. Unfortunately, I was under the impression all was backed up, but when I checked the external drive to reinstall the information into my secondary desktop I found almost all of the 500 GB still there....

It seems there are quite a few of us around town (Finally) that are on the same wave - I found a few websites that contain information for our area regarding AT! As soon as I can find them again, I will post it here.

I will also start to build the list of Hardware I've been playing with and specific software applications.

I continue on with the browsers and communication formats as well. As I go along, I may just post the links and not comment just to get them up in view.

We have had a long day dealing with the severe anxiety that has appeared with adolescence. Such turmoil - I don't wish these days on anyone. I hope with our efforts, we may be able to ease some of the stress those future families dealing with adolescent autism.

No comments:

Google